Tuesday, October 16, 2007

J LO about to debut twins?

by Sarah HallWed, 10 Oct 2007 11:36:42 AM PDT


Twins
Jennifer Lopez is "happy." Life is "great." It's been a "special year." Fine, but is she pregnant?
Yes, according to numerous published reports, some of which even claim the multihyphenate diva is expecting twins.
Last week, both OK! magazine and TMZ came out with "exclusives" on the singer's pregnancy, following days of similar headlines in the New York Post and other tabloids, while Us Weekly followed suit Wednesday with a cover story on Lopez's forthcoming bundle of joy.
"It's a dream come true," a source told the magazine. "She and Marc are over the moon."
Even Anthony's ex, Dayanara Torres, was drawn into the is-she-or-isn't-she fracas, when she was asked by a reporter for the Spanish-language daily El Nuevo Dia whether her children were happy about their half-brother or -sister to be.
"They don't know yet, as I barely found out yesterday. But I suppose they're going to be very happy, because when my sister had her kid they were," Torres replied.
However, Torres later clarified that she had no official confirmation of the pregnancy but was merely aware of the reports.
"I had been advised of pregnancy 'rumors' by my manager, who wanted to make sure I was aware in case my children heard anything at school that I may need to address; so when I was approached by a reporter who stated as fact that my children were to have a new sibling soon, I assumed that this had been confirmed," she said.
So far, Lopez herself has managed to remain publicly mum on her purported baby bulge, while her rep has declined to comment on the situation.
But that doesn't mean Lopez isn't having fun with the speculation.
During a Sunday concert with Anthony at Madison Square Garden—her hometown venue where OK! claimed she would make her big reveal—Anthony told the crowd, "I missed you guys. This is a special night for us on so many levels."
After nearly 90 minutes, Lopez appeared, sang a few songs, including her new single, "Do It Well" and then addressed the audience and her husband.
"How amazing is Marc?" she said, pausing for dramatic effect. "This is a really special night for us...This is my first tour ever! It's been a really special year."
Of course, it's possible that fashion speaks louder than words, at least in her case. During the tour, Lopez has notably eschewed her tight-fitting, abs-bearing outfits of the past, opting instead for loose, flowing garments styled by Roberto Cavalli.
"I used a lot of stretch fabrics," the designer told People of putting together the wardrobe.
With her just released album, Brave, failing to make much of a ripple, Lopez may be trying to capitalize on the publicity her unannounced pregnancy is generating, in the hopes of bumping up her CD sales.
However, with all the focus on her midriff, it seems the public is having a tough time concentrating on anything else.
During a Good Morning America interview with Lopez Tuesday, Diane Sawyer skirted the question on everyone's mind, opting instead to play it vague.
"All right, all right, I know what everybody's asking, and I know you have so little privacy in your life…so, I'm just going to say, How are you?" Sawyer asked.
"I'm very well, thank you. This is really, really a great, happy time in my life," Lopez answered.
Later the same day, David Letterman also avoided asking Lopez about her rumored pregnancy, sticking to general questions about family and the challenges of parenting.
"The idea of having a family is daunting, isn't it?" he teased.
"Yeah, it is," Lopez said.
If reports can be believed, the singer has only about five months to go before that idea becomes a reality.

No comments: